Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nursery

It's getting to be time to start the best part of pregnancy: nursery decorating! Originally I had wanted to do a black, white and teal room. I didn't want anything too girly or pink. I've never been too much of a girly-girl, and didn't want my house to explode with pink because we were having a girl. I found some adorable black and white damask patterns that I was going to incorporate into the room, and teal/turquoise was going to be the accent color. Last weekend my mom and I paid a visit to The Baby Guy and man did he live up to my expectations! He had so much adorable stuff to choose from. I found perfect damask fabric for the crib bedding, but didn't love the teal choices. They all looked too boyish to me, even with a girly damask pattern. J and I talked it over and decided that a little pink wouldn’t kill us. We ended up designing adorable custom bedding-black and white damask bumper, with pink, damask, and polka-dot accents. The bedding I designed is a combo of the two below. It will have pink accents like the picture below. The skirt will look like this one, but reversed. The main pattern will be damask with the smaller trim being polka dot.





And the damask pattern like this pic. The difference is there will be soft pink in place of the blue, and no satin ruffle trim along the border.




I can't wait to see the finished product. It's always been hard for me to picture how designs will turn out without any visuals, but I know this will be adorable. We also plan to to wainscoting 1/2 way up the walls, and paint the top half a soft pink similar to the picture above.


As far as furniture, we know we want black. It will look great with the color scheme, and will work if we have a boy in the future. It's actually pretty hard to find nursery sets in black. Most sets we loved are only offered in white or brown/espresso. We picked some we liked at Bergstrom, but we haven't made any final decisions yet.


We sold all of our guest room furniture, so as soon as that's picked up we can get started. I'll be sure to take before and after pics of the whole process.


Wish us luck!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, so fun and SO CUTE! You guys are going to have such a great time putting that precious little room together!

    ReplyDelete