Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I couldn't be more excited about this 4.5 day weekend! The Thanksgiving festivities start tonight, when my friends and I are getting together to do some pre-Turkey Day cookin'! We decided that we will all make our fav Thanksgiving treat together, then split up the goods and take to our respective T-Day gatherings. On the menu so far is (thank you Pinterest):

-Pumpkin Cheesecake
-{Supposedly} The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Heroes Apple Crisp (my friend apparently reversed engineered this recipe and I can't wait to try it!)
-My Mother-in-Law's Famous Apple Pie that I am attempting this year

We are definitely not going to be lacking in the dessert department this Thanksgiving! Before we meet up for our baking session, I am headed out to get a glimpse of Baby Girl in 4D. John has opted out of this appointment because he finds the 4D thing a bit disturbing and would rather wait to see his kiddo in real life when she looks less like a "smashed pumpkin face". So, this means that my mama will be joining me. I'm excited to see what her little features look like, even if it is a tad creepy.

We plan to spend actual Turkey Day watching football, cooking, and eating, like any 0ther good American family. John's family is coming over to my parent's house for dinner, so we'll have lots of people to eat up these desserts so I'm not stuck taking them home and feasting on them for the next 4 days.

Our dresser/changing table/hutch is in stock, so we plan on picking that up at some point this weekend, once our food coma wears off. I'll post pics once that is set up.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm SO EXCITED to see that precious baby room all finished and ready to go!!! Once we get ourselves a little place we are going to need a wainscoating (is that how you spell it??) tutorial, that's for darn sure.. Anyway, yay for T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST had the Hero's apple crisp for the first time ever on Monday night! It was amazing!!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete