Wednesday, January 18, 2012

34 Weeks

Things around here have calmed down a bit after the whirlwind of the holidays. That means I have been in nest mode for the past couple of weekends. Most people feel the need to completely clean, organize, and rearrange their nests, but my desires are a step above that-I want a NEW NEST. But, since that's not on the table for at least a year, I am making due with our current nest. I spent last weekend making lists, doing laundry for the little one (I can't believe we all started off that tiny!), shopping for some items needed for the hospital, etc. 40 weeks is a long time, and the whole baby arriving thing seemed so far away that I hadn't really thought about any of this stuff until my early visit to L&D. That little scare made me realize that she will be here anywhere between 3-7 weeks from now (and hopefully not any sooner than that), so I'd better get my butt into gear! So, carpet cleaning has been done, newborn onsies have been purchased and washed, copious amounts of hats and headbands have been ordered from Etsy, and other necessities have been organized. My baby shower is next weekend, and I can't wait to see what my wonderful friends have put together.
Other than that, life has been grand. I am really starting to feel uncomfortable, tired, and worn out as the ends draws near, but I know it will all be over soon! I asked my doc at my last appointment what he policy on inducing labor is, and he confirmed that the longest he'll make me go overdue is one week. So that means this little babe will be in our arms no later than March 7th. Even though 1st babies are typically late, I've had a feeling that she'll be early. But, it's nice to know that if she does decide to follow in my never punctual footsteps, I won't have to be miserable any longer than 7 days.

In some strange way, I feel like we will get some of our normal life back when the baby comes. Even though everyone warns me that things will never, ever ever ever be the same, it will be nice to slip back into some of my normal, pre-pregnancy routines like working out, feeling good, wearing normal clothes again, etc. Come on time, speed up!

Here's a glimpse of a 34 week belly. Out of nowhere, my belly doubled in size. It really feels like it happened over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment