Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

This time last year, I was getting ready to head out to my 38 week check up. I was one day shy of being 38 weeks along, and knew that this would be the first appointment where the doc would check me for progress. I was hopeful that all those contractions I'd been having were actually doing something, but I was prepared and expected to be told to sit tight. My doc had been drilling the fact that I would probably be late into my head since about 30 weeks when I started complaining of being very uncomfortable. As I expected, the doc reported no dilation, not even a little bit. He did say that baby's head was very low, so that meant any contractions I had would be effective, but other than that he said he expected to see me the next week where we could talk induction if I wanted. I left feeling a little defeated. The idea of possible being pregnant for another 3-4 weeks horrified me! I was, however, excited that we would be able to have our Valentines date night. The next day, Feb 15th, I pulled all the tricks to make this baby come. We ended the day with the normal long walk that I had been taking every night. Our route included lots of hills in hopes that it would help. It must have, because our little Valentine arrived the next day, Feb 16th!

It's tough to believe that the teeny baby that only opened her eyes once every 5 hours a year ago is the same walking, talking, laughing, dancing, singing, SCREAMING little love that we have with us today. We are spending this week prepping for her big birthday on Saturday. I can't wait to celebrate our big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment