Monday, September 13, 2010

The One With The Boring Update

Football is back...I can kiss goodbye my weeknights and Sundays with my hubby and I can kiss goodbye conversation of anything other than his fantasy league. Maybe I'll take up a new hobby...hmmmm

Anyway, this weekend was a great treat for us. For the first weekend since May 8th (not joking at all), we had NO real plans. It was so glorious I almost didn't know what to do with myself. We had a cozy night in on Friday. Ordered pizza. Bad idea considering the junk food that was to follow the rest of the weekend. On Sat we returned wedding gifts and added to our Crate and Barrel giftcards. John wants this bar for our house. Saturday night our bowling league started back up. It was fun to be back. Everyone seemed to be pretty tired Sat night, so we called it an early night and went home and watched movies and ate cookies. Junk food seemed to be a theme this weekend. On Sunday, the first day of football began. We go to Roscoe's in Fullerton every year for the season kickoff. There's a chili cookoff, good company, and good drinks. Our friends met up with us, including Megan, who happened to be due that day. I love that she was at a bar all day on her due date. Anyway, despite walking on uneven curbs and munching on the spiciest chili there, she remains pregnant today. Poor Friend. We did manage to devour several types of chili, Irish nachoes, quesadillas, and cake so from an eating perspective, Sun was a pretty good day. Sun night was my BIL's bday dinner, so we indulged in fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Mmmmm. So despite feeling very rested on this Monday, I also feel like my stomach is going to explode. Nothin' but salads on the menu for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment