Monday, November 22, 2010

The One With All The Costumes

John hates the fall. He really, really loathes it. Anytime anything goes wrong from Sep to Dec, he blames it on the season. But, for someone who hates everything about Fall, he sure does love Halloween. It is safe to say that it's one of his favorite times of the year. We always go all out on Halloween, and the last few years we have hosted a party at my parents house-which is way more condusive to parties than our humble abode. This year was special-my dad turned 50 the day after Halloween, so we had a huge bash in his honor Halloween weekend. One thing I have learned over the years is that my parents friends can out-party many of mine (which is quite a feat in itself), so when we combine parties, it can get pretty rowdy!
Here's a little flash back at some Halloweens' past:

Hmmm...maybe 2004-'Lil John and his gurl


John as Matisyahu...Halloween 2005


Lt. Dangle and his Reno 911 Counterpart-Halloween 2006

Manny Ramirez (back when he was a Red Sox) Halloween 2007


From Left: Chuck Norris, Sexy Ref, Manny Ramirez, Red Sox Chick, Beer-a-Nators


Halloween 2008: John as a beautiful member of the Red Hat Society, and me in a far less interesting costume (I had been in Florida all week for work and we got caught in Hurricane Fay, so I didn't pick out a costume until an hour before our Halloween bash...)

All the "Gals"

Halloween 2009: Kept it simple...Here Kitty Kitty


Halloween 2010: Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Oooooooh!


Cheetara and Lion-O in the Flesh


John had a childhood obsession with the Thundercats and somehow managed to convince me to wear spandex in public all night in order to pull of an authentic Cheetara. I must love the guy or something! I also demonstrated my commitment to him by shaving the parts of his body that were, let's say, unreachable by him and by slathering that orange body paint on every. single.inch of his body. Again, must be love, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment