Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In Other News

Jeez! It's already August, and in my book that means it's the end of summer. Now's when I start getting excited for cold weather, fall feasts, pumpkins, pumpkin spiced lattes and peppermint hot chocs, Christmas, rain, etc...takes a little bit of imagination when it's 100+ degrees out, but I manage.

Some crazy stuff has happened over the summer. Mainly, we discovered that we'll be adding another Hall to the mix. Our little surprise is scheduled to arrive the beginning of March, just in time for St Paddy's Day. Something tells me this may alter our annual all-day drinking fest, but maybe only for one of us!

Junior has been brewing for about 12 weeks, and let me tell you, he/she is already showing me who's boss. I haven't exactly been the happy go lucky pregnant lady, that's for sure. When I can drag myself off the couch, it's usually to go stick my head in a toilet. I'm slowly starting to have better days mixed in with my not so good days, and I'm hoping that I'll be back to my happy go lucky, food lovin' self in a few more weeks. On that note, I suppose the one plus to all this nausea and food aversion is that the numbers on the scale are going down instead of up...but I know that will be short lived.

For now, I leave you with our first glimpse into my uterus:


I was very early in this pic-just under 7 weeks, so it hardly looks like anything at all. One annoying thing that I noticed after it was over was that the U/S Tech listed my name as Hall, Ruth. Hmmmm....Oh well!

I'll keep this little blog updated much more frequently now that I have something to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment