Monday, February 6, 2012

Nursery and an Update

We spent the last several weekends putting the finishing touches on little Ry's room. I am so happy with how it turned out. I don't have the best pics to share since these are all courtesy of my iPhone, but you'll get the idea.

Crib and Wall Letters

Another Shot


Bench and Glider...and her animal menagerie courtesy of her daddy. The custom bench cushion was made by The Baby Guy, who also did her bedding

Bad lighting, but her little R courtesy of her auntie Brooke, Meg, and Ash

Dresser

Letters made by Auntie Brooke

In addition to the finishing touches to the room, all of the washing is done and her little clothes are folded and ready to go! All we need is baby now...

Speaking of baby, I had my 37 week U/S this morning, and caught one last glimpse of the babe before we meet in person. I have not had much luck in the U/S dept and today wasn't much different. This girl is definitely camera shy! Our tech today was pretty awesome and she was determined to catch a shot of her face before the end of the scan. Baby cooperated slightly and moved her hands out of the way, and we got a small preview of her chubby cheeks. We also found out that she somehow has a full head of hair, which leads me to wonder just whose baby this is! I never knew you could see hair in an U/S, but sure enough, we were able to see those locks blowing in the wind (or floating in the fluid!). I guess that explains all the heartburn I've been having! The tech predicted what I suspected-that this is one tiny little lady. She weighs in at approximately 5.5 lbs right now with three ish more weeks to grow. They estimated that she will be about 6.5 lbs by her birthday, and I hope they're right considering her dad was nearly a 9 pounder! Other than that, they confirmed that she is indeed head down and ready to go, so I'll be spending these next couple of weeks walking and walking and walking trying to get this kiddo to make her debut. I don't think I can face the thought of being pregnant for another 3 weeks, or 4, God forbid, if she comes late! So, wish me luck in my labor inducing endeavors!

Here's a little shot of our dainty lady

No comments:

Post a Comment