Friday, March 2, 2012

Our First Two Weeks

Feb 29th was my due date, and I spent it cuddling my 13 day old baby girl! John was out of town all week so it was just us girls. We packed up and spent the week at my mom's house, where we were waited on hand and foot! We had a fun week, and I even got to do a little shopping for myself! Let me just tell you how great it is to be able to buy normal clothes again! It felt amazing to try on clothes in my old size and actually have them fit! I scored some major loot for my spring wardrobe, and Ryleigh was very accommodating and slept through the entire shopping trip.
Ryleigh has been doing great. She is still such a low key baby. She doesn't really cry at all. She lets me know when she's ready to eat by sort of grunting and cooing, and as long as I feed her within 5-10 minutes of her making those sounds, she doesn't cry. She is a great eater, and she has a decent night time sleep schedule. She goes about 3-4 hours (at the most), which allows me to get SOME sleep at night. She has her longest sleep stretches during the day, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to force myself to nap during the day. My mind won't shut off, and I just honestly don't feel tired. Every night at 2 am, I promise my sleepy self that I will nap the next day, but the day comes, and I feel to wide awake. Oh well...
I weighed Ry on my scale the other day, and assuming my scale is accurate, she's up to 7lbs, which means she gained a pound since her well visit at 5 days old. She has her 2 week check up this afternoon, so we'll get her official stats then.
She had her first photo shoot last Sunday, and I am SO happy with how the photos turned out. I've only seen a couple of them, and I can't wait to see the rest! If anyone is looking for a newborn photographer, Christie Hobson Photography is amazing! I'll leave you with a few pics!

Sleepy Girl

Cozy

Sleeping Beauty

Jr Sox Fan (her daddy brought these Red Sox home from Fenway late last year)

2 comments:

  1. Loved my week with my two special ladies! Ryleigh is the joy and sunshine of our lives. Dad and I are so grateful for this wonderful blessing! Thank you Tracie and John for the BEST 50th b-day gift a Grandma could ever wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! I LOVE reading your blog so keep it up! =) Maybe one day you and john can teach her our special "Fun hat Friday" choreographed dance. LOL.

    ReplyDelete