Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St Patrick's Day

Our annual St Patrick's Day celebration wasn't altered by our new addition. Little Ry fit right in with this crazy bunch, and I think she enjoyed her first Paddy's Day (although she may have not appreciated her various costume changes).
Every year, the boys meet at our house at 8am to watch Boondock Saints. This year was no different. John had the house decorated and the car bombs waiting. Ryleigh and I hung out upstairs while the boys did their thing. Around 11, we headed out to Roscoe's which is where we normally spend the day. Ry was all decked out in her shamrocks and tied her daddy for best dressed. She made her debut at Roscoes and hung out with us there for about a half an hour before Grandma took her home to let mama have her FIRST drink in 10 months! My sweet girl also took her first bottle, so that allowed me to stay at Roscoes for a while longer than I was planning, which was great! It was strange to be out without her and to be hanging at a bar with all my friends like I did pre-baby. It felt great to get a few hours out! Now that I know she will take a bottle, I am planning a date night for J and I!
After a few hours at Roscoes, we headed back home and had a little gathering there for the rest of the day/night. It was a great day, and I'm so happy our munchkin enjoyed her 1st St P's Day. And now, pictures...

All Ready!

She won't be getting pinched!

Daddy and his two fav things!



Uncle Jeff

First drink!

Mmmmmm


Mama and her Shamrock

Grandma and Grandpa

Everyone made fun of me, but I HAD to have a mimosa-I've been craving one for months!

Good girl gulping her first bottle-it made the extreme awkwardness of a breast pump worth it!

Cozy in her pj's back at grandma & grandpa's


No comments:

Post a Comment