Monday, April 23, 2012

2 Months...and Other Happenings

I'm a little late on the two month post since the little lady is fast approaching 10 weeks. Here's what we've been up to around these parts.


Let's start with Easter weekend.


The Friday before Easter, John and I had our first real night out since she was born. We met up with friends at a new Irish bar that just opened by our house. We had dinner, drinks, and socialized until about midnight. It was so great to be OUT and be able to have a few drinks with friends. I haven't really been able to enjoy a night out since before I was pregnant. By the time I stopped feeling sick, I started getting achy and uncomfortable, so I really never had a pleasurable night out the entire pregnancy. When we got home, my parents delivered our kiddo back to us, and our friends came back to our place to finish out the night. We didn't go to bed until after 3am, but it was great to be up that late for a reason other than feeding a baby or changing a diaper! I can't wait to do it again, but it takes so much planning since I have to pump for days ahead of time so little Miss has enough food to keep her going.


My parents kept sending proof of life photos. Here's a cute one of her enjoying her bath!
Fast forward to Easter Sunday. I had 4 different Easter outfits to choose from (yes, I have a problem). Luckily the decision was an easy one since only one of them fit her. The others are just a tad to big still. We got all dressed up and headed to the inlaws for an Easter brunch with the entire fam. Ry got a lot of cute things in her Easter basket and was looking darling in her dress. Afterwards, we headed back to my parents' house for a BBQ. It was a great day, but I am really looking forward to next year when Ry can run around and collect eggs.

Just Chillin' in my Easter Basket
Looking Pretty with Daddy
On her 8 week b-day, Ryleigh had her first doc appointment with her new pediatrician, and got her shots-all three of them. I debated on spacing them out, but decided to just get them over with. I never understood how heart breaking it was until I experienced it myself. She had an expression of pure horror on her face as she encountered her first experience of pain. Poor baby. Luckily she stopped crying the moment we picked her up, and she slept for hours afterwards. She woke up in some pain, but nothing a little medicine couldn't cure. Here are her stats from her appt at 8 wks exactly: 9 lbs 10 oz, 22.5". So, she's gained a little over 3 lbs and has grown 3" since her birthday. She was weighed on a completely empty stomach since she had a little projectile incident right before we left and I didn't have time to feed her again, so I think her weight would have been around 10 lbs had she not thrown up the entire contents of her tummy ; )


Here is her 2 month pic compared to her one month pic







Later that day, Ry got to meet her Great Grandma Hall and Great Auntie Amy, and cousin Allison. They flew in from Texas to meet her, and it was a wonderful weekend. Our plan was to take her swimming for the first time, but it was cold and rainy, so that didn't happen, but we still had a great day with the entire Hall fam.

Snuggling with cousin Allison
That same weekend, my gf's and I held a little surprise "sprinkle" for our best friend Megan. Megan's little man is scheduled to arrive in June, and is the FIRST boy to join this bunch of baby girls. Since my group of gf's has all been having babies for the last 2 years, Brooke and I realized that the two of us haven't had a drink together since 2009! Between her two pregnancies and mine, we had some catching up to do!



Cheers!!

Can't wait to meet you Hudson!

Speaking of baby girls, my bestie Ashlee found out that she will be adding another little girl to the group! That is the 6th girl to join our little group of ladies. Here is the video of their reveal party where they found out that a little girl was on the way. I missed a bit of the reveal b/c when I saw those pink balloons float out, I started jumping up and down! Everyone was convinced that this kid had to be a boy, but I had a feeling there was a little lady brewing in there! So happy for Ryleigh to grow up with all my best friends' babes!
I love how you can hear Joe's dad yell "what the hell" in the background at the end. See-everyone thought this little babe would be a boy!

This weekend was our first weekend in ages without plans or obligations. John also just got home from being out of town all week, so we spent the wknd with just the three of us. We took Ry to South Coast for the first time, and it was really the first time we've been out with her as a family. I've taken her all over the place, but this was the first time it was just the three of us. It was nice, and I must say Ry knows her way around Nordstrom. It was her 4th visit in 2 months, so that's an average of every other week since birth. Her dad pointed that out to me. Got to train this girl early! It was also the first time I left the mall without a single thing for her, which is a feat.

Looking Pretty at SCP
Shopping can be Exhausting!
OK, there's one last update, and it's the best one yet. Baby Girl has been sleeping through the night!!She would have a long stretch once or twice over the past couple weeks, but for the last 4 nights in a row, she has gone to bed btwn 9-10, and slept until 5:15-6am. She then will eat and go back to sleep until around 9 or 9:30. It has been glorious!!! She has always been pretty easy at night. She would wake up every 2.5-3 hours, but she would just eat then go back to bed right away. But, I forgot what a full night of sleep felt like. I woke up that first morning and it was light out and I had to check her to make sure she was still alive! Pure gloriousness!


Finally, here are some pics of general cuteness from this past month!


Trying Sophie Out. She doesn't really get the concept of sucking on something and not having it produce food, so she isn't the biggest fan of Sophie for the moment. 


Shopping with Grandma!
Snuggle time with Daddy
Headed out to dinner on this stormy night
Enjoying her ocean adventures at Grandma and Grandpa's House
General Merriment

2 comments:

  1. Our girl is growing very quickly! I love that she is at the stage of responding to us with a big cheery smile :) Ryleigh Erin Hall makes this Grandmas heart full of joy & happiness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I literally laughed multiple times like a crazy person while reading this! Cheers to staying up late, Nordstroms and sleeping through the night!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete