Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Houston We Have a Roller!

Ry has been SO close to rolling from her back to her tummy for a couple of weeks now. It finally happened yesterday and both J and I were home to see it. John has been traveling a whole lot for work these past few months (boo!), and he was so worried that he would miss it. He was gone all last week, and every time Ry got close, I would roll her back onto her back-sorry baby! I didn't want John to miss it since I knew how much he wanted to be able to see this little milestone. Funny how something like your baby rolling from back to tum becomes so important to you! Well, yesterday afternoon she did it, and John happened to be sitting right next to her when it happened. I caught the tail end of the action because I was getting a work call on my cell phone right as it was happening. Thank goodness it was just a co-worker calling me, because as soon as I answered the phone, she completed her roll and I shouted as loud as can be "Yay!! You did it!!". Then I realized I had already answered the phone, and I had to awkwardly say "This is Tracie". Good thing it was just Uncle Ryan calling and not a customer!

We took some video of Ry doing her thing. It was funny because she would roll, then realize that rolling made her end up on her stomach, which she hates, and then she would get stuck and start crying. I would turn her back over, and then she would proceed to roll back onto her tummy then start crying again. Haha Now she needs to learn how to go from tummy to back so she can complete the roll.

J and I were talking this morning that we are so fortunate that I can stay home with her, and that he gets to work from home so we don't miss these moments. I know every parent does what they have to to support their families, but I am so thankful that I don't have to hand her off to someone else all day. Adult conversation and non-pj attire is great, but I wouldn't trade being with my girl all day for anything!

Here's our rolly polly in action!


No comments:

Post a Comment