Friday, June 29, 2012

Father's Day

Well, this year there was an additional father in my life that I got to celebrate...my own hubby John! He's actually the only daddy that was celebrated this year, since my pop took off to Cabo for a much needed getaway. Father's Day weekend was spent exactly how John wanted it-we did nada! J has been traveling pretty much non-stop since Ry was born, and he hates leaving her. So, after a couple of back to back trips, all J wanted to do was hang with his girls. So, on Sat we lounged around the house, leaving only to go pick up movies from Target. On Sunday, I made John his dad's German Pancake recipe (which I swear are just crepes, but heaven forbid I refer to them as that). After lounging around the house for a few hours, we headed out to Golfsmith so John could pick up his Father's Day gift-a new set of golf clubs! We swung by his parents for a brief visit, then returned back to our fortress of solitude so John could chill and feast on his homemade apple pie. It was just the low key weekend that this guy needed after such a hectic month.



Helping Daddy pick out his new golf clubs
 When I got pregnant, I wondered what John would be like as a dad. It's not like I thought he wouldn't be a good dad, but I had never seen him with a baby, and he NEVER wanted to hold anyone else's babies...even our close friends' kids. I guess this is a guy thing, but I pictured him being nervous during the baby phase, and jumping in more as Ry grew. I couldn't have been more wrong. This guy is a natural. He can't stand being away from his girl, and he is such a doting dad. He gets her out of bed in the mornings and changes her and dresses her. He even knows that her outfit's not complete without a matching bow or headband! He is the best daddy, and Ryleigh just lights up when she sees his face. 




My own pop is not too shabby himself! He's still the guy I call for any and every question I have...and he ALWAYS has the answer. I'm almost 29 years old and I still make mechanics talk to my dad on the phone whenever I have car repairs! He really is the best dad, and I strive to give R the childhood that I had growing up. I'm a lucky girl to be surrounded by such great guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment