Friday, June 29, 2012

One Year

It was exactly one year ago today that we told my parents that they were going to be grandparents. Four days earlier, I got the positive pg test. Three days earlier, I told John he was going to be a dad. Soo much has happened since that day. It seems like yesterday, but this little girl has been officially part of our world for over year now. I sometimes read through my blog to remember what it was like to be pregnant. It's 100% true what they say-you really do forget all the pain, discomfort, sickness, etc when that baby makes its appearance. I can hardly remember what it felt like to be pregnant! This has been such a fun year...from getting ready for our girl's arrival, anticipating what and who she would look like, meeting her and taking her home, and getting to see her little personality develop over the past 4.5 months. I did have a little reminder of the early days of being pregnant this past week. It was time to pull out the Jergens tanning lotion now that summer is in full force. I hadn't used it since last summer, and the smell of the lotion triggered memories from last summer. I put it on and instantly felt nauseated. Seeings as I did spend a good portion of last summer with my head in the toilet, it makes sense that any smell from that time would trigger that feeling. I do not miss that part of being pregnant at all! 

This past month, Ry turned 4 months! At 4 months old, she has: 

-Mastered rolling in both directions

-Gotten big enough for an exersaucer 

-Discovered that in addition to high pitch noises, she can also make her voice go low and deep like a old lady that has smoked for most of her life 

-Attended her first (and my first) Bat Mitzvah 

-Decided that she no longer wants to take a bottle, which has made going out without her difficult. What happened?? 

-Learned that everything in her vicinity must go in her mouth. Including the cat's tail. 

-Expresses a real interest in food. She grabs for it at every meal. I may not hold out to 6 months before I give her solids 

-Doubled her birth weight and grown 4" as of her 4 month appt 

-Her first international trip booked. Not too sure how 11 hours on a plane will go...

 Here are some pics from the last few weeks

Hi Chubby!

Hanging out at her doc appt...poor girl has no clue what's about to happen = (

All dolled up for a Bat Mitzah. Mazel Tov!

Memorial Day BBQ Fun

Family Photo Shoot Framer

Loves her new toy!

Just working on my tan

Lunch date with Grandma

Out on our nightly walk

Some things don't change...

Hey look, I'm 4 months old!

Outdoor World-picking up an infant life vest that I'm sure going to LOVE wearing!

My 1st tea party w/ Mama, Grandma, and GG

Clearly Daddy was on baby duty while mama was out. 

Catching some zzzzz's

Just another day shopping @ SCP
I just LOVE this little girl! Thank you for the best 4.5 months of my life little lady!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. She is too cute! Love the "some things don't change" picture. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This kiddo is a regular at Roscoes! Lol

    ReplyDelete