Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Don't Know If We're There Yet...

John and I have been together for 7.5 years. Once things moved past college and got a little more serious and grown up I thought it would be cute to send out a Christmas card from Tracie, John, and Cody the cat. I saw the color drain from John's face when I mentioned it. Mind you, were were living together at this point, but he responded with the good ol' Ross from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. line "I just don't know if we're really quite there yet". As a side note, John and I are FRIENDS freaks and we can quote just about any line from any episode. We dominate at Scene It. For those of you who aren't as FRIENDS savvy, Ross is dating a girl named Mona, and things are going really great until she innocently suggests that they turn their cute pic in front of Rockefeller center into their Christmas card for that year. Ross freaks out and tells her that he doesn't think that they are quite there yet. Chaos ensues and in an effort to prove his committment to her he ends up asking Mona to move in with him. Good times.

Well, every year I threaten to send out "family" Christmas cards, and every year John responds with "I just don't know if we're quite there yet". Well, a funny thing happened last year. John decided that it was time to take a wife. So, in my opinion, that means that we are "there". So, buya John-in your face!

Merry Christmas from the Hall's
Super cute and adorable Christmas card courtesy of 4 Leaf Boutique

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And great taste by the way... I had the same one picked out and changed it last minute for a different one ;) Love 4leaf boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family Christmas card is so beautiful....Definitely getting our Christmas cards from 4leaf boutique next year! A very funny and enjoyable post! love you xxx

    ReplyDelete