Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Breakdown

Christmas has come and gone and it was a wonderful three day event for us! We spent Christmas Eve eating pizza and watching Christmas movies with the inlaws. Afterwards, John and I went home, made hot tea, set the TV's to the holiday music channel, and we opened our gifts to each other. We used to always open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve because we would each go to our own families' houses on Christmas Day. Well, even though we would be spending the entire day together, we decided that in the interest of time (we had to be at J's parents early in the am for presents and breakfast, followed by my fam right afterwards), we would open our gifts the night before. It was such a sweet, cozy night! We started off by giving our lil kitties their stockings. They were on a catnip-induced high for the remainder of the evening. I was a spoiled girl, as usual. This year for Christmas, I was really hoping to get a membership to our local Yoga studio that I had heard many great things about. I have thought about joining many times for over a year now, but it's a bit pricey and I already have a gym membership. Well, John must have been paying attention to my numerous, not so subtle hints because I got that membership along with some awesome Yoga gear. Poor John was funny...after I opened my gifts he told me that he had always thought that workout related items were on a list of things to NEVER give your gf/wife as a gift. I guess that would be true, but I really wanted it so I'm a happy, un-offended camper! I started Yoga this week, and I love it! It is as wonderful as I remember it being (I did Yoga a lot back in high school/early college), although I'm sad to report that I am 0% flexible. I used to ice skate competitively, and part of that training regiment included hours of stretching and weight training, so I know that at one point in my life I was capable of being a bendy pretzel bobcat, but those days are long gone. I am anxious to get them back!
OK, back to Christmas...Christmas morning started with us dashing out of the house bright and early, making a quick stop at Starbucks (yes, I discovered last year that the Starbucks inside Vons is open x-mas day...sad for them, awesome for me!). We headed to John's parents' house to do presents and breakfast with John's bro's and parents. We had a delish early am feast then headed over to my parents to do presents with them. Afterwards, the boys played pool and the gals worked on the dinner feast. This was the point in the day where I should have said to myself "Tracie, you are about to eat a big Christmas dinner, so maybe all this snacking on appetizers is not a good idea". Alas hindsight is 20/20. John's entire fam came out to my parents' house for dinner. It was a great night...even though both John and I at different points in the night thought we were going to puke as a direct result of over-eating. It was bad.
The day after Christmas, we did nothing until about 5pm, when we ventured out of the house to good ol' Chilis so John could use his giftcard. That is seriously his fav. restaurant.
All in all, x-mas was a success! Coming up...NYE Pajama-Jam! Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. ALL Starbucks are open Christmas day! I think they know that in order for most people to make it through the day, they need to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?!?! I think that I just assumed they would be closed so I went to Vons! What a treat! What really sucks is how early they close on x-mas eve, but if they are open x-mas day then I guess it makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete