Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Fun

It's summertime...although you wouldn't know it by looking at me. I'm pale like a vampire. I don't think I've spent more than 5 minutes in the sun all summer thanks to my baby girl. She has to be shaded, and since she is attached to my hip, that means no sunshine for mama.

We have had a great summer so far. My family from Scotland came to visit and spent about three weeks with my parents. We swam, bbq'd, and enjoyed their company.

For the 4th of July, we headed up to my parent's house in Lake Arrowhead to break in my dad's new "Grandpa" boat. He traded in his ski boat for a more baby-friendly pontoon boat. It's amazing! It's so big and roomy compared to his last boat, and is perfect for a little kidlet. My wakeboarding days are behind me, so this new boat is perfect for lounging and cruising the lake. The only downside to being on the lake with a baby was that she had to wear a life vest the entire time we were on the boat. Obviously safety comes first, but the little lady wasn't too thrilled about her newest accessory. We bought the smallest life vest we could find (0-30 lbs), and it was still pretty huge on her. She hated it, but literally the second the boat started moving, she'd go from crying to sleeping. Every time. Without fail. I've been joking that I need to invent a rocker/bassinet that mimics the movements of a boat on water. Parents everywhere would love me and I'd make a small fortune. The movement must have been womb like b/c the kid was instantly knocked out. Lake Arrowhead Village puts on the most incredible fire works show on the 4th. They launch the fireworks from a barge in the middle of the lake, and people can just hop on their boats and enjoy the show. We opted to dock the boat at the village for the show in case Ry didn't take too kindly to the fireworks. Also, it would give her a break from the life vest. The show was amazing-really the best fireworks I've seen, and little Ryleigh did fantastic! She was mesmerized by the fireworks, and the sound didn't seem to phase her. She even fell asleep during the finale-the absolute loudest part of the show!

Here are some pics of our summer so far. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my LAST year in my 20's. EEEEEK! I've just been informed that John is taking me shopping for the day, and Ry is going to hang with grandma, so that means it's time to pump, pump, pump!

Bass Pro Shop
 
Meeting future boyfriend Hudson

Pool Day With My Girl

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini!

Buried Alive in her Life Vest

Conked Out!



Sporting 1 of her Many 4th Outfits


Driving Papa's Boat

Taking a Break From the Life Vest

Familia

Watching the Fireworks

Can you spot the baby?


First trip to the beach

Silly Mommy forgot to pack a hat!


Sandy Feet

Story Time with Daddy


Love my silly girl

Story Time


Catching a sox game with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment