Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Months!

Is it possible that my baby is almost half a year old?! It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital, but in many ways I can't really remember what life was like without her. I even forget what it's like to eat a meal uninterrupted!

At 5 months, my precious girl

-Talks and squeals up a storm

-Has learned how to scream...not in a mad, crying way, but in a "look what I can do" way. Her favorite place to practice this new skill is in a restaurant. I think our dining out days are numbered!

-Can *almost* sit up on her own

-Can *almost* escape from her Rock n Play. I got out of the shower to find her completely turned around in it-like her head where her feet should be. This morning I caught her sitting up and dangling her arms over the side of it like she was trying to escape. Time to start using the buckle!

-Grabs EVERYTHING in sight and tries to eat it.

-Gets really frustrated by her toys. She tries to grab and eat them, and not all of them fit in her mouth, and this angers her greatly

-Loves her exersaucer, but gets angry that the toys are attached to it, and therefore cannot be eaten!

-Loves to pull clumps of fur out of her kitties. Payback for the cat scratch they gave her at 4 weeks old!

-Smiles at EVERY stranger that stops by to pay her a compliment. I have a social butterfly on my hands!

-Had her first solid food! Yay! We tested out rice cereal a couple of times. She loved it the first time, but was not too interested the 2nd time. The first time I used pumped milk to make it, and she gobbled it up. The second time I used formula since that was all I had on hand, and she wanted no part in it. This chick is picky and knows the difference btwn BM and formula. She seriously won't take a bottle unless it has breast milk! Girl knows what she likes!

-Loves water-bath, pool, water bottles (to play with, not drink)-she loves it in all forms!

-LOVES LOVES LOVES her daddy! She saves her biggest smiles for him.

-Stopped sleeping through the night! Yikes! I think she may be teething...

-Looks really close to crawling. She gets in position, and tries really hard. She can drag herself a few inches to get to whatever toy she's trying to reach. Our world is about to change when this chick gets on the move!

Here are some pics and vids of my big girl!











1 comment:

  1. Hahaha her head where her feet should be! That's hilarious.. What is with these babies not sleeping through the night? Don't they know it's a necessity?! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete