Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2 Years



Two years today was our wedding day. But it was much more than a day. It was an EVENT. Like, a two week long event. So much has happened since that day, and it feels like much more time has passed, but I still vividly remember details of the weeks leading up to our big day. Like the day our fam arrived from Scotland. A big group of them. 8 of them arrived singing wedding songs and dancing and laughing. I can't describe what it's like to have this group of people all in one place at one time. You really just have to experience it yourself. People in Scotland are SO different from people here. I don't laugh with others like I do with them. We had talked about this day since I was a little girl. It would be the only time that many of my family members from overseas would all be in the states at the same time. And they all came. The party started the night they arrived. It felt like summer vacation did when I was a kid. Every day was a party. Swimming, pool volleyball tournaments, bbqs, late night wine drinking. Every. Single. Day/Night. For two weeks! The day before our wedding day, we headed down to San Diego to Paradise Point Resort (our venue!). We caravaned down as a group-girls in set of cars and boys in another. We blasted Megan's wedding play list and snuck a cocktail or two in the car-for the passengers of course ; )
We arrived in SD, and the giant group of us had lunch outside overlooking Mission Bay. Gorgeous. Rehearsal dinner followed. 60 people at the rehearsal. It was like a wedding warm up. All of our best friends and fam in one place. The wedding day came, and it went flawlessly. Weather was amazing, location was amazing, friends and fam were amazing. Yes, this day was about John and I, but really, for us, it was so much more than that. We wanted it to be a day that wasn't just focused on us, but on our friends and fam as well. The friends that without whom J and I would not have met. The fam who supported our relationship (and um, financed the wedding). We wanted this day to be a celebration that our friends would enjoy as much as we did. I think we pulled that off. We shut the place down at 2 am, then headed back to our ocean front suit. The next day was capped off with a brunch with the wedding party and those who stayed at the resort. J and I, my parents, and the Scotland group stayed one more night before heading home to begin our life as Mr and Mrs Hall. I never really spent time daydreaming about my wedding, but when I did think about getting married, I pictured it going exactly like it did. I wanted a venue by the ocean. I wanted a resort of some sort so everyone could stay the weekend. I wanted all my friends and family there. And I wanted the guy up there with me to be loving, funny, handsome, and awesome. I think I nailed it.






























No comments:

Post a Comment